Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Let's catch up!

I haven't blogged since last Thursday, so I have a lot to talk about!
Friday, the husband and I drove to Richmond after I got off work. Living in Virginia Beach, we have to travel in tunnels under the ocean to go north or west. Well, there's a long bridge to get to the tunnel, and the waves were crashing and splashing on the bridge. We were having a storm of some kind, and it rained really hard and took us almost 3 hours to get there, and it normally takes 2. We stayed with our bestest friends, Jenn and Danimal. They're great! The had fixed their "penthouse" suite up for us! We giggled and watched a movie, then went to sleep. Okay, so I went to sleep prior to the movie, because I'm not really a movie person.
Jenn and I had to wake up really to volunteer at our university/employer's graduation ceremony. We had to be there at 8 am, so that meant we had to get up really early! I layed on the couch while she was in the shower. She has a big dog and a little dog. Her little dog (a teacup chihuahua), puked on me. I'm not a fan of puke at all. I mean, I puke like once ever 4 years. Yes, my puking is scheduled as often as the olympic games and the presidential election. I am not a puker! It's almost physically impossible for me to vomit - I swear! It's from a traumatic childhood experience. Yes, Mom, I just might tell them that you used to "strangle" me when I puked as a young child. She says I was such a terrible puker, that she was always afraid that I'd choke on my own puke so she would come and shake me while squeezing my neck. Oh, yes she did! So, my day started out with chihuahua chum on my shirt (luckily, I hadn't showered yet). We got to the graduation location. I wore heels because that's what I wear. My pants are made to be worn with heels. All of them! I'm short and require at least 2 1/4 inches additional verticalism. (yeah, I made that word up) So, the particular heels I was wearing were fairly new and pretty cute. I wear them on tile, carpet and the concrete sidewalk between the parking garage and my office. Never have been worn on shiny concrete. Maybe it's polished concrete or something. Well, when I walked on the floor of the convention center (previously mentioned shiny concrete), my shoes squeaked. SQUEAK - SQUEAK - SQUEAK It was so hilarious! Jenn and I couldn't stop laughing! Even funnier is the fact that I was one of the "flag/banner carriers" This meant I had to precede the graduates while carrying a banner. We couldn't contain ourselves thinking about me walking in the room while SQUEAK - SQUEAK - SQUEAK goes my heels. It was all okay because there was music and some clapping going on in the background. My next duty was "crowd control" and I just stood around to make sure nobody stood on their seat or stood up in front of people. Right in front of me, there was a child that was jumping around and ended up puking right in front of me. It was awful! I hate puke. The sound, the smell, the overall thought of it makes me sick. What's even worse is the clean-up effort. I hate that nasty smelling stuff they cover up the puke with. It's sort of minty. We have some minty lifesavers in a kitchen cabinet at work and it has that smell, and every time I have to open that cabinet, I have to voice my dislike for that particular odor. So, the graduation went on and the special speaker was a local newscaster. I had no idea, but it happened to be Jennifer's local celebrity crush. After the graduation, we went to the volunteer room to get some grub. We had no idea that Juan Conde (the local celebrity) would be there. He was mingling with the university Deans and employees with enough nerve to approach him. (he is very handsome) So, Jennifer and I were sitting on the floor eating our sandwiches, and Juan heads to the exit. Jennifer stops what she's doing and says, "Byyyyeeee Mr. Conde!" really loud. She tapped into some 6th grade girl for this moment. She starts giggling as soon as "Conde" leaves her mouth. He said something like he would be back later. She just couldn't stop giggling. It was too hilarious!
We returned to the house where our husbands were doing boy things like hooking up a VCR or something. We left the boys and went to ULTA, our favorite girl heaven! We purchased some new Bare Minerals makeup and tools, and at the checkout, there was a really ugly guy with makeup on. I mean red lipstick. He made a really bizarre comment about how I should let my eyebrows grow out and let a professional shape them. It pissed me off, but I kept my cool. I have always gotten compliments on my eyebrows. I don't really do much to them, because I have naturally shaped, not bushy by any means, feminine eyebrows. I was shocked and appalled! How dare he!
Note to self: NEVER LET A MAN GIVE YOU MAKEUP/GROOMING ADVICE
Yeah, I'll remember that! Who trusts a man with red lipstick on, anyways? Not me!
We finished the evening with Cracker Barrel (chicken livers - yum!)
The State Fair was supposed to be our "main event" while in Richmond, but the storm was still lingering, so we decided we would go next year. Wet cotton candy doesn't appeal to me.
UPDATES:
Our cable is back on. The big fat cable company jerks were doing an audit, and it appeared as though our cable was hooked up in an illegal manner. What? Yeah, $90/month should be illegal, but it's not. So, the husband told them that we should be pro-rated for those 2.63 days when we were without cable. We sorta felt that our electricity had been shut off. We have never had a utility shut off (except earlier last week) and I never want it to happen again! So, our cell phones were turned off early last week. A couple of months ago, the husband decided to change our cell phones to local numbers. We have lived here almost six months, so it was time to be a real "local" with a real local number. Well, the husband didn't inform our Accounts Payable Department (me) that the account number changes when the phone number changes. Well, I pay all of the bills online as soon as I receive them. Well, I've been paying to the old account for the past two months. They shut the darn things off. I called to talk to them about it. They said they could only discuss this with Mr. Silliness. So, the husband had to call them to tell them that, although they might not want to talk to me at this point, he would allow it. So, I called them to tell them that the money was there, it was just in the wrong spot. I explained and asked them to please just stop my nightmare and turn my phone back on. It's my everything. It's my child. Please.........turn............my............phone.........on! I was almost getting short on oxygen thinking about not being able to use my phone. They said that the transfer of money from one account to another could take a couple of days, and required a supervisor's approval. What? So, I couldn't take it anymore. I left work to go by an ATM and get $190 to pay the crooks just to turn our phones on. I could have had them turned back on immediately if we had been customers longer than 3 months. Hello - we have been their customers for almost 7 years. But...since we recently changed phone numbers and account numbers, they treat us like we're brand spanking new freaking customers. The good news is that we're not going to pay them again for two months. Sweet!
The husband and I went to the mall tonight because I had a coupon for my favorite bra store. I got three new ones, and the girls will be happy to be lifted and covered by them!
I also saw this really cute Asian-inspired top at the JCP. I tried it on and I looked like a sumo with big tits dressing up like a Geisha. Yuck! It made the husband giggle, and that's what really matters! (I didn't buy it, by the way)
Lady-like manners update: So, I totally cracked under pressure while at Jenn and Daniel's. I belched and farted like it was my own home. It sort of feels good to feel that comfortable in someone else's home. They're like family, so I said *screw manners* this weekend. I've been letting them rip left and right since then. So, I might try again later to polish up my manners. We'll see. I can do it when I have to! Example: Visit to mother-in-law and Southern Baptist Preacher father-in-law's house. I'm an angel then! HEE HEE!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely never take grooming advice from an ugly man in red lipstick! He was ugly!!! Anyways - thanks for letting me review the weekend. Espeically the Juan Conde part. Hee! Hee! I'm giggling now!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that smell????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home