Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Monday, October 16, 2006

HAPPY FRIGGIN BOSSY DAY!

So, today is the dumbest holiday ever! I wish I could say something like, "I'm Baptist... we don't observe Bosses Day." If I could have only wrapped up a one-way trip out our third floor office window, I would have today! It was one of those days! At the end of the long day, I thought I'd kick him while he was down and go ahead and schedule not one, but two vacations. I'm taking a few days off in November for the big 5th anniversary. Then, the first week in December will give me a nice retail vacation with lots of holiday sales! I can't help it that he's such a dirtbag sometimes!

Because I'm struggling in one of my classes, I had a minimal nervous breakdown over the weekend. It was also because our house needed cleaning, we needed groceries, I had a paper to write and a bunch of homework, and on and on and on. Now, since I started school again, I've always gotten that stupid letter from the Dean at the end of the semester stating that I made the Dean's List. My GPA is slightly under a 4.0. Yes, I'm a nerd! I can't help it. There's something about making straight A's that makes me happy. I got an upset stomach when I got an 89% in an Algebra class in the spring, even though I had failed the class five times in two states . Go figure. So, I've made Virginia my more successful college experience. I can't say it's the most fun one - Oklahoma has that title won by far! So, the husband agreed that the housecleaning was getting out of control, because we don't have any time together. We come home, we cook dinner, we do dishes, we do homework, then relax for a couple of hours before going to bed. It's a ridiculous schedule! I hate not having free time to spend together! So, we decided that we should hire someone to help us with dusting and vacuuming every couple of weeks. Hello? Have I mentioned how much I love him lately? He's watching Saturday Night Fever and won't stop saying "disco inferno" as we speak, and earlier we were singing "Get your freak on" and he told me that he puts his freak on one leg at a time. Where did I find him? He also took off a few days around our anniversary to possibly take me to Mickeyville. I've never been there, and he's always wanted to take me. This anniversary might top our crazy anniversary event list! Let me sum up our anniversary vacations:
Right before we got married, we went to Pigeon Forge, TN to Dollywood, etc. Yes, we were in our EARLY twenties then.
After we got married, we spend a few days in Eureka Springs, Arkansas at a haunted hotel.
We moved to Richmond, Virginia about 8 months after we got married.
Our first anniversary was spent in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was fun, but the currency difference was really confusing for some reason. What can I say? I'm not a numbers person!
Our second anniversary was spent in New York City. (lots of fun, but we have been there quite a bit, so that actual trip doesn't stick out in my mind)
Our third anniversary was spent in our new house because I had been laid off from my stupid job and we couldn't afford to go down the street.
Our fourth anniversary was spent in the mountains in one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. It was on Skyline Drive in western Virginia. We were at a lodge with some senior citizens. Nothing for miles. No television or telephone in our cabin. Just a bed, fireplace and restroom. The main lodge had nightly entertainment. It was a local musician that sang campfire and children's silly songs (with audience participation, of course). We giggled and sang (okay, I sang) until we couldn't anymore. It was a lot like us at church. I sing and smile. He makes me giggle. It was a lot of fun! We visited a local cave and took lots of really cool pictures. It was so much fun!
So, we've been to some pretty cool places, but they're the same places that "older" people visit. I'm looking forward to a younger vacation in Florida. (Yes, Mom. Florida. The setting of my most horrible family vacation ever. I begged not to go. She made me. I had a horrible time, except for parasailing. I am confident that this Florida trip will be a lot more fun!)
We're really excited to go on some sort of gator tour. I've always wanted to go on a swamp tour on one of those strange looking boats with the big fan on it! When I mentioned it to the husband, he has also been longing for a swamp tour. What a perfect match! HEE HEE!

My Fun Grocery Shopping Experience
Okay. I admit it. Fall is my favorite season! Why? I like fall because of pumpkin pie. I was in the grocery store (in person) and walked through the bakery area. There they were. Pumpkin pies. Lots of them. I didn't get one, though. It's not time yet. But, they had pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They are way more seasonal than the pies. I couldn't resist. I bought them. They were the most amazing things ever!!!! The husband loved them, too! I even smiled as I shopped because of the season. I didn't even cringe when I saw one of those inflatable lawn snowglobe attractions with snowmen and snow in it. Maybe it was the James Taylor Christmas carols playing in the background. What did I care? I had pumpkin cookies in my cart. Pumpkin + Cookies. Two of my favorite things! I got so into the holiday spirit that I was later shopping at Target with the husband, and I bought a Christmas CD. "Now that's what I call Christmas Volume 3" I even listened to it Sunday! It's a great CD! I hope I don't wear it out before December! I'm quite shocked at myself! I'm normally not one to think about "that holiday in December" before Thanksgiving. It actually makes me mad when people get ahead of themselves and leave the poor Pilgrims out of the holiday season. Don't worry, Pilgrims! I'm thankful for you and your pumpkin pies! :) But, I understand that we all need a little Christmas at different times through the year. I just needed Christmas a little early this year!

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I want to go on a swamp tour too! On one of those fan boats. looks like fun.
Big fan of the pumpkin pie. It makes Thanksgiving complete! :)
I'm sorry your boss is a schmuck. But be happy you are moving up the chain. One day you may thank yyour boss, for teaching how not to manage! Make sure you haveanother job lined up first! LOL

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Your husband sounds delightful!

And take the swamp tour in the airboat...FUN FUN FUN! Seriously. But I am kind of a dork.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home