Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...and a little bit of this and that

Flannel Sheets
Baby, it's cold outside! I got a set of flannel sheets at JCP over the summer for $12. I have been so excited to bust them out and use them, and today's the day! I washed them, so they're all soft and cuddly for their grand entrance this evening. I've never had flannel sheets before, so this is a big day for me! They're really ugly, but it was the last King set they had. I guess since I sleep when it's dark, the ugly sheets and I will get along just fine.

Strange call
I took off a few days this week because a) I thought my parents were going to be here, and b) I'm going to lose my vacation time if I don't use it by the end of the year.
So, I got a phone call today and thought I would answer it. I don't know who calls my cell phone in the middle of the day from a strange number while I have the day off, but I thought it could be a good chance to make a new friend or something. Okay, I was in no mood to make new friends, but I was curious. Here's how the conversation went down:

Me: Hello.

Stranger: Hey!

Me: Hi. How are you? (I didn't know who in the hell it was, but she sounded friendly enough)

Stranger: Good. And you?

Me: Good. (still don't know who it is)

Stranger: I didn't know if your cell phone would work way out there or not.

Me: Yep. It works here. (of course it does - I'm in my house)

Stranger: Whatcha been doin?

Me: Oh, not much. Who is this?

Stranger: You're not Taylor are you?

Me: Nope.

Stranger: I'm so sorry, I really thought you were someone else.

Me: I know. I was just going to go along with it, I guess. Have a good day!

Stranger: You too!

This stranger was not strange at all. I've more awkward conversations with people I actually know. This was a pleasant conversation!

One last thought:
How is it that I haven't been to work since Friday, and won't go back until Thursday, yet purple shirt wearing Captain Shithead (my boss) still took the opportunity to piss me off today? I'll never know.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Only YOU could have that conversation with a complete stranger. Heeheehee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home