Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I married him because...

a. He makes me laugh.
Example: I bought a gallon of sweet tea on my way home from work tonight because my parents are visiting this weekend. It's not that they can't visit if we don't have it, but I like to have a variety of drinks when we have any company (okay, so now we have water, milk AND sweet tea - BIG variety!!!), and there's a place that makes THE BEST sweet tea anywhere, and it's on my way home, so I stopped and got some. Most people might go get things like milk and snack food when they have guests, but my must-have is sweet tea! So, the husband had his eye on it, and I told him it was for our guests. His reply was (in his most dorky voice) "Yep. I *guest* that you bought that for me."

b. He fixes things.
Example: Tonight, I made him some espresso with my new best friend (the espresso maker), and a little screw fell out. I mentioned it to him (while it was still hot), and he jumped up (the same man that was too busy and tired from writing a paper to get up and make his own damn coffee) and ran in to see what tools he needed to go get to fix it. I told him it was hot and it could wait a while to be fixed. He said he had to fix it right then. He needs an intervention...right now. I think appliances "complete him" or something. He's at one with our appliances. It's a sickness that he has that makes him unable to function when an appliance cannot function. It's like one twin being able to sense when another is in pain. BUT...my car makes a funny squealy sound, and he's been sleeping okay at night knowing that. Hmmmm....

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Doesn't everyone have a Camo EJ shirt? My favorite cups come from there, tea just tastes better in one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home