Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Back to my not-so-magical reality!

The husband and I returned yesterday from our little Orlando vacation. Wow! I sort of forgot that it was cool and fally here. (Yeah, I said fally!)
I'm going to sum up our trip as much as I can. It was very magical and entertaining and just a wonderful way to celebrate our 5 entertaining years of marraige together!
Thursday evening (about 8 hours before we thought we were flying out), we realized that the flights we had listed ourselves on was overbooked. This is the situation airline employees often get themselves into! It really sucks because you can hardly ever plan a vacation in advance. If you book a hotel and you don't get on the plane, then you're stuck paying for the room that you don't even see. So, these Norfolk to Charlotte to Orlando flights turned into Newport News to Charlotte to Tampa flights. That's an extra hour to get to the airport that isn't the closest to us, then an hour and a half to get to our hotel in Orlando. We have a friend that recently moved to Tampa, so we added a visit to her in our schedule. Then, she added dinner with her into our schedule. So, we didn't get to Orlando until midnight as opposed to noon, which was in our original plan. We're pretty flexible, though. So, we get our rental car in Tampa. We drove to the university to surprise our friend, who was very excited and surprised. This was about 3:30 in the afternoon. She told us we should stick around and have dinner with her. She has been living in a hotel by herself for a couple of weeks, so we decided to go for it. Plus, we were hungry like wolves! We should have known that she would pick the least appealing restaurant to us. Yep! She thought that we should be exposed to sushi. That's raw fish. That's for people struggling to survive. (Sort of in the same category as Beanie Weenies and Vienna sausages!) I love fish! I have it often. I have it cooked, though. BIG difference! I was going to be a big girl, and I spent the moments prior to the raw fish going in my mouth patting my husband's knee, because he's not the fish fan that I am. I really thought I would be okay, but he would need a little convincing. Now reverse that for the real story! He took the first bite and did okay. I went next, and my gagger went into high gear. I drank lots of water and got it down, but it was tough. That was tuna, and I was told that the shrimp rolls would be better for me (the shrimp was cooked). Nope! My gagger was trying to reject everything then. Even water was difficult to keep down. I quit after that! We made the meal a progressive one, so we moved on to the next restaurant. It was an "eclectic eatery" with lots of interesting choices. I chose a porktheotherwhitemeat dish, because I knew that would satisfy me after my poor choice of eating like a Survivor during the appetizer course! I was right! I got lots of water and everything stayed down! (I never actually puked, but my non-puking "puker muscle" wanted to deny everything I tried to eat in that restaurant) We finished at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Everything was really yummy, and we got outdoor seating for 2 out of 3 of the courses, so that was nice! The weather was perfect! We drove on to Orlando, and arrived at our hotel just before midnight.
Saturday morning, we got up, had breakfast, and went to Sea World. I was looking forward to this, because I had heard about this penguin exhibit they have, and I am a huge penguin fan! I was expecting to have a good day, but I had a GREAT day! I loved Sea World! All of the exhibits were amazing, and the shows were awesome! I even got tears in my eyes during Shamu's show! I've honestly never seen anything like it! I even made the husband stand in line to purchase two small raw fish for $5 (the second raw fish purchase in two days), except we fed it to dolphins instead of choking it down ourselves this time. We got to pet dolphins and feed them. It was so worth the $5! I tried to put a price on different exhibits and experiences throughout the day, and the total exceeded the ticket price, believe it or not! If we lived closer, I would be a season passholder!
We left there and had dinner at a less than spectacular restaurant, Dixie Crossroads. It was horrible service and a very long wait to get our food. I would never go back!
We woke up Sunday morning and had to pack up our stuff to go to The Swan at Disney World. We got there too early to check in, but they held our bags for us while we went on over to Magic Kingdom. The bellman was less than magical, so the day didn't start out as good as Sea World. He had a negative impact on my value for the day. He set me back about $3 for his attitude, so prior to the ticket being purchased, I was at -$3. Luckily, my future had a set of adult mouse ears in it to help that value increase to the positive side! We watched the afternoon parade, the evening light parade and the fireworks show, which were all amazing! I got to see all of my favorite characters! We went to the Haunted Mansion, which was really cool, we rode Space Mountain (twice) and had permanent smiles on our faces through the entire ride! We also went to the Phil Har Magic 3-D show, and it was one of the coolest things ever! We got in the front row, because that is something that I do on occasion, because I think it sounds like a good idea. I asked for front row once at Dixie Stampede, not thinking about the fact that the place is dark, you're eating food, and the building is full of horse crap which may or may not be slung up into your bowl of soup/drink/chicken/apple turnover at some point during your meal. I was sitting beside an older man, who really thought he could grab a 3-D object, if only he kept trying. His arms were out in front of him the entire time, reaching and grabbing and saying, "That's amazing...just amazing!" I was saying the same thing, but I wasn't grabbing anything. Since we were staying at a Disney Resort, we were able to enjoy "Extra Magic Hours" which were until midnight Sunday night. We left right about midnight, and I'm sure we got our our money's worth out of the visit! It was very magical, but I'm not convinced Mickey was any more magical than Shamu. That darn whale is very magical!
As you would expect, the two of us had a few hilarious moments during our adventure to Florida! I will share the most entertaining with you...
As we were sitting in the Orlando Airport, I was a little snotty and felt a slight cold coming over me. This feeling sometimes brings on "loogies" in my throat. Well, I had one in my mouth and HAD to get rid of it ASAP! I had a napkin, so I thought that I would be tactful and act like I was blowing my nose, but actually rid myself of this awful snotwad that was hanging out in my mouth. (There's nothing tactful about this story, if you hadn't noticed) So, I just sort of held my mouth open and let the loogie fall out into the napkin. I wiped my chin off and turned to the husband (who had no idea about my problem or my plan to take care of it). I asked him if there was anything on my face. This is something I always do after I've removed something slimy from my person and he's handy. He gave me this look and said there was nothing on my face, "but what the hell is that on your shirt?" I looked down, and there it was. The entire loogie did not make it into the napkin, and it was sitting on my shirt for the world to see. I said that I didn't have my Tide pen with me, and he made some snotty remark that I needed a damn mop and bucket to clean up that mess. We both got tickled, and I was laughing (and quite possibly snorting) right there in the middle of the airport. We laughed until we boarded. Then, we got split up on the plane, and I continued to giggle in spurts and people were looking at me like I was touched. If only I could have told them the story, they would have understood! (maybe)

1 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

What a fun trip!

I also LOVED Seaworld (best park in Orlando!!), but I was not so enchanted with Disneyworld. Not magical, in my opinion. Just old. And creepy. (Did you ride "It's A Small World? gave me nightmares for weeks!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home