Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

SCHOOL SUCKS!

This week is midterm week. Two for me and two for the husband. We have a pc and a laptop, but the pc is screwed up. So, for each of us to take a test at once, we have to go to the computer lab at the university (also my place of employment). This computer lab is nice and solemn and peaceful and great...99% of the time. The husband showed up with our books, and we went down the street to the brewery and got some grub. I don't know why I felt the need to drink prior to taking a midterm, but I'm an A student, and nothing can stop me from getting that damn letter each quarter in the mail from the Dean congratulating me on my awesome grades. Oh, but maybe one mojito and a noisy freaking computer lab. Oh, what the hell, go ahead and throw in one of those little bitty annoying headaches. So tiny, all it can do is just piss you off just a little bit. It doesn't want to make you puke or sleep or anything. It's useless. It should just surrender, but it doesn't...for approximately three days at a time, it just lingers. So, with a mojito, some garlic fries and a chicken Caesar salad in my system, we head back to the computer lab to conquer two of our four midterms. Upon arrival, it's so quiet. It's just the two of us. He even let out a surprise belch, and it was just the two of us there to laugh at it. Then, I let out a few loud BBQ poots. (We had lunch catered from Smoky Bones today. It's about the fourth or fifth catered lunch in two weeks. I work for a company that constantly spoils us with food. Good food, too! The baked beans were pretty impressive! I love me some beans!) So, we giggled alone and continued taking our exams. Then.....here they come. You know - the loud ones. They were working on an assignment together. Their professor was there, too. I was so pissed! I got a 64% on my midterm. I get choked up and my fingers could barely type that number. Sixty-four. GAG! I feel nauseas!
^I wrote this last night. I'm better today.
I can't even be mad if I get a couple of B's this quarter. It's been a tough quarter! With my promotion and being responsible for finding someone to replace me in my current position, I've hardly had the time or energy to study! I've also not had my glasses in a few (five) months. But, tonight, that changed! The husband had set his Austin PB & Cheese crackers on the back of the couch. He accidentally knocked them off, so as he was fetching them, he said, "Oh my God. Guess what I found!" I, of course, said, "a Ho-Ho?" I knew it wasn't a Ho-Ho, because one of us would have sniffed it out by now. The one thing that I would give anything for it to be was my beloved glasses. He had this look on his face like it might be the glasses but it might not be. I would have kicked him had he kept the news from me for another second. I sort of had this thought that it was a $1 bill or even a quarter or something. It could have even been a fast food ketchup packet or something. But, it was the glasses, and I loved those glasses, and we were actually shopping around to find the exact pair to replace them with. I have pissed the husband off since they've been gone with my driving and miscellaneous blind shenanigans. So, tonight is a really good night at our house. The moment I put them on I felt like Ralphie from The Christmas Story when his glasses were knocked off, and he put them back on. I looked all over the house, like I had never seen the place before. I can see everything again! Wow!

I lost a bet tonight, so I have to get up in the morning and cook breakfast for the husband. I said that Bill Paxton from Big Love (my favorite Mormon tv show) was Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump. Duh! I know I'm not a movie person, but I really thought I was right! I wish my glasses would have been found a couple of hours earlier!!! I wouldn't have said such a stupid thing! Now, I know better with my glasses on!

3 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Hey! Love your blog. You are hilarious! I, too, am going to school and finally almost finished I will graduate this spring. YAY!
Shannon

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Carrie dear, you have more gas than anyone I know.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Lieutinant Dan!

Ice cream, Lieutinent Dan!

Carrie's blind, Lieutinent Dan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home