Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Pumpkin Ice Cream!

The husband and I just returned from a date at the Funny Bone comedy club. It's location is conveniently located across the street from Coldstone Creamery. If you've never been there, don't ever go! It's a good - no, it's a bad, bad, horrible habit to start! It's so yummy and bad for you. Tonight, the husband had one or four too many drinks and he wanted ice cream. I couldn't say no because he had my anniversary dozen yellow roses delivered today. He got some cookie dough creation, and I got pumpkin ice cream. Have I mentioned how much I love autumn and pumpkins and Pilgrims? Well, I do! I tried his cookie dough, but I didn't really like it. I think I overdosed on cookie dough as a kid, and I do not appreciate the flavor of it anymore. Weird. But, he finished his then the rest of my pumpkin delight after I couldn't handle any more of it.

Back to the flowers. They're gorgeous! He has this thing about me expecting flowers on occasions. For instance, Valentine's Day flowers are delivered to me at least a week early, and the same goes for every other occasion. It's funny, but not as funny as the little florist card sticking out of the bouquet on the plastic fork-like thing. He never signs his name or says I love you or anything like that. He says it to me dozens of times each day. When I wake up in the morning, when he leaves for work in the morning, when we talk on the phone during the day, when I come home at night, before we go to sleep at night, etc. But, not on a florist card. Most of the time, the card says, "SURPRISE" One time it said "Have a nice day" It was almost like the roses were supposed to be a t-shirt with a big happy face on it. Have a nice day? What sort of romantic message is that? He's so funny! So, I got an awesome piece of bling, a dozen long-stem yellow roses (my favorite), and I'm meeting Mickey Mouse in person? I must have paid it forward or something, because I've hit the 5-year anniversary jackpot!

The Funny Bone was quite hilarious! There were seven of us from work, and I laughed the entire evening! The headliner was awesome and had been on Blue Collar Comedy before. He was a redneck, so the husband and I definitely understood everything he made fun of. We were surrounded by a few city slickers that didn't appreciate it as much as us. Poor suckers!

2 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

If you have a Culver's, you MUST go have a pumpkin shake. Oh.My.Gosh.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think you were a redneck. You don't seem like one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home