Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Making the most of a rainy day…

It’s slightly cool and wet here today. I’m trying to make the most of a rainy day, and I’ve noticed others around me doing the same. Even in the elevator, I incorporated my umbrella into the “elevator game” I created a few months ago.
(directions at bottom)

When I was driving home on my lunch hour, I noticed a man (maybe homeless, maybe not) under the bridge using sticks and 5-gallon buckets as drums. He was definitely not letting this rainy day get him down! If I didn’t have so much to do at work, I would have pulled over and hung out under the bridge with him. I might have even gotten him a chicken sandwich to throw on the ground. (Long story short: The husband and I were having lunch together a few weeks ago. Chick fil A accidentally gave us an extra meal. We saw a homeless man on a bike near where we were parked. The husband took the meal to him (still in the bag), the man threw it on the ground (still in the bag). He sat there for a few moments, then picked it up and rode his bike out in the middle of lunch hour traffic, nearly getting killed. The husband said that must have been his victory routine that he does after he gets food. Later, we noticed his bike and the Chick fil A sack (on the ground again) in front of the record store. He was nowhere to be found. I told the husband that he probably went in the record store to wash his hands before he ate lunch.)


I had 5 clementines today. Another of my favorite things about this time of year is the fruit selection. My favorite flavor is orange (candy, gum, juice, soda, etc). I don't necessarily like oranges (they're too messy), but I love me some clementines!!! Right now, you can get a box of them at the grocery store from Chile, but around Christmas, you can get them from Spain. I suggest you get them now! They're so good, and better this year than past years!!! They're smaller than normal oranges, but really easy to peel, and juicy, but not messy. My thumb and index fingernails are really orange from peeling so many of them. They're a little pricey, but well worth it for a seasonal treat!

Rules for the elevator game:
I take at least four elevators a day. There's one in the parking garage and one in the building I work in. Riding elevators can get boring, but it doesn't have to! I've tried to create an elevator revolution. It's quite simple. When you're on an elevator by yourself, and you stop at another floor to pick someone up, they're probably wondering what you were doing in there by yourself before they got on. They could be thinking:
* was she just farting in here?
* was she talking to herself in here?
* was she singing in here?
* was she dancing in here?
I like for people to wonder things like this. But, they'll never guess what I was doing in there before they got on with me! My activity of choice is that I run really fast in circles. Nobody would ever guess that! You just make sure you stop and act cool before the door opens. It also puts a smile on your face prior to the new passenger's entrance. I have gotten carried away and felt dizzy when I got out to walk across the street to my office. I think I had parked on the 9th floor of the parking garage, and nobody else got on the entire ride down, so I was doing it all for nothing. This is rare, but it can happen. I would suggest running in circles for no more than four floors at a time. I might just have a low tolerance for running in circles. Who knows!?!

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the homeless man story! FUN E!
I gave a begger in Philly, PA a dime i had in my pocket. It's all I had. He threw it at me and called me a few choice words, and asked what the hell he could do with this. Actually i have a few homeless people stories about their non appreciation. In sumation, i won't give to homeless people ever again. Unless that is.. i feel like being cursed at.
I'll give my extra change and effort to the Community Services Board to help people with mental retardation and disablities.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Okay, now I must find more elevators to ride!! You crack me up, Carrie....totally crack me up. You need to come up for a gambling run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home