Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ghosts, Goblins & Ghouls - Oh my!

Saturday night was our date night. We did dinner and a movie last weekend, so this weekend had to be different. Boy, was it ever! The husband and I decided to do the Haunted Hayride at a local farm. http://www.huntclubfarm.com/newhalloween/attractions.htm We thought it was going to be a cheesy Halloween production that we could laugh at later. When we got stuck in Branson-like traffic, we realized that we weren't the only ones wanting to get skeered Saturday night. There were cops directing traffic (that wasn't moving) and people coming from every direction! It didn't take us long to realize this was a major event! There was a Ferris wheel, some kiddy rides, a Fun Slide, concession stands, and 3 different frightening attractions. We got a ticket to see each attraction once - the Haunted Hayride, the Field of Screams and the Village of the Dead. Well, I pulled a Carrie and wore the WRONG shoes...again! The husband is very familiar with this predicament! Last fall, when we went to the mountains for our little anniversary getaway, I wore heels, and didn't take any other shoes. We had to drive to the nearest Wal-Mart (over an hour away) to get a stupid pair of comfortable-looking shoes (comfortable-looking does NOT necessarily mean comfortable). I ended up putting my heels back on later that same day. Well, I wore heels to the farm for this haunted date. I changed my shirt 4 times, but never once did I consider a shoe change! The husband even asked me if I wanted to change into my most comfortable shoes before we left the house. I flat-out lied and said I was wearing my most comfortable shoes. Maybe I thought he said my cutest shoes. Now, those I was wearing! Farms near the beach actually have sand on the ground. My heels (very pointy ones, might I add) went straight down in the ground, making for a very awkward walking experience. We started out with the Field of Screams. Approximately 20 people went in at a time. It was a little scary. There were people waiting on the ground to grab your feet. The husband had his feet grabbed, but I didn't. I don't get scared very easily. I never have. As a young child, my OLDER brother would ask me to go outside after dark to get something he had left in the car, on the porch, etc. The hayride was next. It was really fun! Our seats were in the middle of the trailer. I was back-to-back with a little girl no heavier than 60 lbs. One should not underestimate the strength of a scared little girl! She actually moved my ass when something would scare her! I thought that people would run up to the trailer, but these people actually jumped onto the trailer while it was moving. That added some excitement that I was not expecting. We skipped the Village of the Dead because my cute-ass shoes were hurting my feet. Imagine that! So, we got some grub and the husband got a candy apple to take home. Good times! We'll definitely go back next year! We'll probably go a little earlier in the season, because the Saturday before Halloween was too busy! There were probably a couple thousand people there!

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS UNTIL ORLANDO!!!

My mom thought I should update everyone of my friend list. My friend list is is my personal proof that living in the city has helped me become a more well-rounded person. I told her that I got my Tupperware the other day and it was really neat. She said that she didn't realize I had ordered any Tupperware. I started telling her that our neighbors had a party and invited me. My neighbors are men - "life partners". They're the best neighbors! Very quiet, and they keep their yard tidy. What more could we ask for? So, they have parties every month or so. This was the most organized party I've ever been invited to! I couldn't attend because we were out of town, but I placed my order before the party happened. I had my order total emailed to me the day after I placed it. I gave them the money the same day. The following couple of weeks, emails were sent to update me on the status of the order. When they received the order, I got an email asking when we would be home or when and where I would like the order delivered. I just emailed them back and told them they could put it on our porch whenever - no rush. It was on our porch bright and early the following morning. It was organized and had a note telling me that they hope I enjoyed my new Tupperware and they will have a candle party in November, and December is their annual holiday open house, so they would fill me in on details soon. Gay men are naturally great organizers and party planners! No detail is left out! I encourage all my faithful blog-reading friends to make friends with "alternative lifestyles"!!! I just can't wait for the Mary Kay party now!

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Your 'life partner' friends sound like lots of fun! I do hope you enjoy your tupperware. I love my mixing/measuring/pouring bowl. It makes me happy.

I'm also glad to hear you can still enjoy a good scare. I used to be the first one in line for the hearse to the Dungeons of Doom and Hotel of Terror, and now I CANNOT MAKE MYSELF GO TO A HAUNTED HOUSE. I am old.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home