Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Miscellaneous Thoughts

We had a very uneventful weekend, so I'm just going to talk about this and that.

I'm now an organizing whore!

I started to conquer closet #1 this evening (yeah, Sunday night is the PERFECT time to start a major project), but so far, it's going pretty well. I recruited the husband to be my trusty assistant. This way, two of us are left with the responsibility of remembering what the labels mean. For instance, "Man stuff" includes the power buffer (I think that's what it's called), a power drill and miscellaneous forms of tape. Gray tape, electrical tape, packing tape, etc.
There's also a box with miscellaneous "memories" like the Christmas cards we received the year we got married (and each year since), newspapers from important dates (1-year anniversary of 9/11, the day after Hurricane Isabel hit Richmond, etc.), and Jackson's adoption papers. This is something I've wanted to do since we moved into the condo, but have not started it yet. I've been buying Rubbermaid bins at Target and Wal-Mart when I catch them on sale, so I've been preparing for this day for a long time. The week after next is mid-term exams, so I should have a little spare time during that week to finish this closet. We shall see.

Ruvery Nails

I went to get a fill at the little "Lovely Nails" salon down the street. I don't love this place because they don't speak a lot of English, but they do make my nails look "ruvery." When I arrived there this afternoon, they were not very busy. After I picked my color "Berry Berry Broadway" (GAG!), I sat down, and Linda (fake American name) took my old polish off (I forgot its name, but I'm sure it had an equally ridiculous name). She said, "youwan newset?" Uhh...if all the nails are still intact, I think that means that they're still okay. Am I right? I told her maybe next time. We'll see. Maybe some people just love the thought of forking over $35 instead of $15, but that's not me. I don't have time for that. The only time that I will always say "Yes" to an Asian is when we go in a restaurant and they say, "youwan buffet?" HEE HEE!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

All of the area Wal-Marts have the lovely little nail salons in them. The local one is staffed by very rude people who refuse to speak English. The other one about 10 miles further down the road have very nice people running it. Their daughter is named the same as mine and we always laugh about the wild things they get into!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

From one organizing whore to another:

I love the new look!

And you need to try O.P.I.'s "I'm not really a waitress"...it's my fave red polish!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"youwan buffet?" make that a table for 2 :) Me and you! Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home