Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Addition!


The husband and I just returned from a long weekend in MO to see my newest nephew (my only nephew on my side of the family)


Meet Carson Jase...


He has a hairdo very similar to my brother/his father...

We got to visit with both families and eat like pigs everywhere we went! Since we hadn't been home since last summer, we were just now having our Christmas exchange with my in-laws. We have a male/female exchange that can get ugly if there's a really hot item in the mix. When the husband's grandmother was still living, she got a couple of DVD's one year in the drawing. She was blind, so they weren't the best match for her. My brother-in-law got a gag-type gift - a large ceramic frog prince, and told Grandma that he would trade with her. She held the frog and said she thought that was a good idea. She said the frog would look nice on the back of her toilet. She had a positive outlook like that, and everyone got a good laugh out of it. We giggled for the next year - but that stopped when it showed up in the exchange the following year! Well, we have dodged the frog for five years, but I was starting to feel left out. Since Grandma passed away last year, I thought this was my turn. The silly frog had even gone outside the family, yet I never had my turn with it. Last year, my nephew's roommate got the frog. I thought we might not ever see it again. I mentioned that it was my turn to two of my nephews, and had faith that they would make it happen. Well, it was wrapped in a box with my name on it. So, I feel like I'm doing my duty as a part of their family by caring for the frog until December when I pass it on to someone else. There's a duplicate for sale on ebay, so the frog may multiply so two family members can share in the fun next year. Here's the frog...




It's very flamboyant, but very cute!

I'll post more on our trip later.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was such a nice surprise to see you had blogged after your trip back to see your hillbilly kin. Since you already know I'm nosy, may I ask what the lovely frog is priced on ebay?

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures of your new nephew are precious!! Glad your back home safe! Sorry you have to work for an asshole. Bye 4 now!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Redneck Diva said...

What an awesome frog!!

What an awesome nephew!

Btw, I'm posting The Words for the writing challenge...I put one in especially for you, m'dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home