Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Random nothings

I had to work late tonight, so I stopped by and picked up my favorite treat for dinner - fish tacos!!! It sounds weird, but they're awesome! The ones I had tonight have some sort of white fish, cabbage, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and some sort of spicy sauce on them. Yum! The Cheesecake Factory also serves them, but very different. Theirs have whatever kind of fresh fish they have that day, topped with cabbage and mandarin oranges. My favorite fish is the Albacore on theirs. Everyone should try them once! I got the husband some beefy ones. He had one of mine and seemed to really enjoy it. He's not the fish lover that I am, though.

So, we watched American Idol as we had dinner. Out of nowhere, the husband blurted out that he liked the dark-headed girl from the Pussycat Dolls. It was almost Tourette-like. Like he had been holding it in long enough, but he just had to get it out in the open tonight. I just busted out laughing because it's so not like him to say stuff like that. He knows that I have a huge crush on Jack Hanna and Shaun the diver, but he never shares his crushes with me. It is so hilarious! He doesn't know it, but he's getting some (more) personalized manties (man panties) for Valentine's Day this year. One pair will definitely say "I LOVE THE PUSSYCAT DOLLS!" across his butt. He has some that say "I love my wife" and "I love Carrie" and "Property of Carrie" and he actually wears them. It all started when I splashed bleach on his blue briefs a few years ago. I felt bad, so I made it into a heart and wrote "CB" with a Q-Tip dipped in bleach. He thought it was nice, so I (being me) took it to the next level (some may say over the edge) and got some iron-on transfers and printed up all sorts of things and ironed them all over his briefs. I bought some big, black iron-on letters and some embroidered red hearts to do the special Valentine version of his personalized manties. I will post pictures if Blogger will let me.

DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) Update

We dusted off the dance pad over the weekend while our friends were in town. Of course, Jenn had to show off her fancy moves while I did my mediocre version of dancing while pretending to have rhythm. (I wasn't terribly successful) Keep in mind - Jenn was a club girl in college, while I guess I was more of a club sandwich girl or something. I've never been a clubbing-type person. Anyways, after they left, the husband and I kept dancing and I made an "A" for the first time! I get pretty good after a while. We played again last night. Tonight might bring more dancing. I now have to compete with a Pussycat Doll, so I might have to learn some new, sweet moves or something. HEE HEE! (as if!)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get past thinking fish tacos would taste like strong catfish. I would very much like to see Steve's panties. You could mail us a picture of those and we would send you one of the ice storm.

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help it if my dance moves are off the hook! Hee! Hee! Yeah right! I think I must have some African in me b/c I sho gots the boogie! :) As for my crushes: Jude Law, Ewan McGregor, Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, and Britney Spears. Well Britney Spears pre K Fed.

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog because I have an ongoing Google search for Jack Hanna. Jack's been a casual friend of mine for about a dozen years, and I can tell you to "keep on crushin". What you see is what you get with that guy. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

I'm not sure I could do the fish taco but after you told me what was in them I could at least try! Now, where in Miami OK do I find a fish taco?????

Manties......Mr.Coach just might get a pair of those himself! I've got an embroidery machine don't I, you've supplied the idea and I shall steal it and make millions......... Just kidding, I'll be lucky to get one pair done.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Auntie Loo - You must try one! Not cat-fishy at all!

Jenn - Yes, you do have African in you! You sho do gots the boogie in you (like a Kleenex)!!!

Ed - Welcome to my blog! I would love to meet Jack! He's just awesome!

Mrs. Coach - You must make some manties for Mr. Coach! I'm sure you could find fish tacos in Tulsa. I'll research it for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home