Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

It hurt so good!

Friday evening, the husband and I received our first massages ever. I've always wanted one, but never followed through with it. So, I made an appointment for both of us. I asked for a male and the husband insisted on a female. We got there and had to fill out these information cards about our medical histories and the reason we were getting massages. It took a few minutes, and I returned the clip boards to the receptionist. She told us to give our information cards to our therapists. I sat back down and quickly reviewed "no-no spots" with the husband, and he gave me that look like, "do we have to go over this right here/right now?" HEE HEE! The husband was called first. He was paired with a middle-aged Hispanic lady. She looked nice. I was next. I was paired with Clarence. He reminded me of Solomon from "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" as soon as I saw him, but I could tell there was something strange with his eyes. One of them looked fake while the other was just wandering around and doing its own thing. Whatever. He was smiling and looked nice (and strong). He extended his hand to me and told me we would be going to the first room on the right. He held my hand all the way to the room. I thought that maybe he had some major vision problems. He started feeling his way around the room. This whole time, I'm holding on to the information card that explains why I'm getting the freaking massage to begin with. Oh, well. I just shoved it in my purse, in case it was needed later. He started the massage, but always used my feet and head as guides as he walked around the table. I started on my back. He massaged my arms, hands, head and face. He was a little sloppy with my face, but I guess the fact that he was blind could have been the reason. Before he had me turn over, he flicked my face twice with the towel that he eventually put over the face ring. He had a big smile on his face when he did this, and it just made me giggle inside. What the heck was that for? After my hour was up, I got dressed and met Clarence outside the door. He was waiting with a glass of water for me. I thanked him and reached my hand out for him to shake. I don't know why I did this. I knew he was blind. I tried. So, I met the husband in the lobby. He was so relaxed that he didn't even smile. I, on the other hand, couldn't stop giggling. On the way home, I questioned him about his hour and if his masseuse flicked him in the face with a towel. She didn't. The massage itself was great, but the whole situation was SO me! How do I get in these hilarious situations where I can't laugh out loud? I ignored my bestest friend, Jenn, for an entire day because I couldn't talk about it yet. It was still too funny. I don't want to seem disrespectful or anything. It was a wonderful, relaxing experience, BUT it was also funny! I'm very thankful that part of my story isn't a bizarre comment from Clarence, like "Ooooh, I like a girl with short, curly hair" or "My, what HUGE eyes you have." HEE HEE!

5 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVES me a massage and I think a visually impaired person might be a good thing for this experience. You could drool all you want to, you could escape before tipping them, you could hide under the table and make them wonder where you went, etc.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

That is too funny. I would have giggled the entire time. Although a blind person giving massages would be great like Fav Aunt said, you could drool and they'd never know it! They also can't see all the body flaws either... Wonder how long of a drive it would be just to get a massage by Clarence????

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These things only happen to you my dear..only to you!! :)

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smiling from ear to ear.
I love your stories
I have one to tell you in private.
Mikey

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger CPA Mom said...

Since we live in the same city, I must know where you went for this massage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home