Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Monday, April 16, 2007

My monthly recap

I guess we'll start with today. I'm battling a case of explosive runs, and the runs are definitely winning. I can't complain too much, since this Thursday will be Week 1 Weigh-in at Weight Watchers attempt #2. Steve (the husband) is doing it with me this time, so there's no logical reason to quit this time. He gets a lot of points because he's a man and because he has an active job. The new way to calculate points is a little different than the old way. I can already tell I've lost weight, so that's good. I don't even think it's the ragin' rhea, either. We are spending our bonus points tomorrow night when we have an American Idol party with some friends and neighbors. I'm looking forward to country music night on Idol more than the 35 freebie points. If tomorrow night is anything like tonight, I'll just shit out those bonus points, so maybe I'll just spend all 35 points on cheese.

On a lighter note, I had to take little Jackson to the vet for the first time since moving to the beach. He was due for his yearly check-up, and Steve was working, so I had to take him by myself. Last year, his carrier was way too small for him, so we opted for the collar/leash restraint system. It worked okay because we were both there to keep an eye on him. I had to go to PetSmart to get him a new crate, because I wasn't going to brave the cat on a leash alone. I got the soft-sided type by Blitz (Holla - made in Miami, Oklahoma!) Convincing him to get in the carrier wasn't so bad. He was really good about it. He's a really easy-going guy!
So, I get him in the vet's office. I had faxed over his medical records and his new patient form earlier, so we got to go right into the exam room. Sweet! Sometimes, it really pays off to be organized! It's not an extra mile I'd go for my own healthcare, but I'd volunteer my organs for that darn cat. He doesn't like to be away from home, but I open his crate and he starts walking around. He found a little space under the sink to hide out. The nurse comes in and Jackson jumps out to greet her. Her first comment was, "You're bigger than my dog!" She picks him up and loves on him. Then, she said that she would be right back with him. I had tears well up in my eyes, because I thought he would be scared. I wasn't quite sure where she was taking him. Our old vet would do everything right there in front of us, so I didn't know what to expect. Apparently, it was just a trip to the scale and to get a fecal sample and to take his temperature. I'm sure his temperature was taken in a manner that violated him, but I didn't ask. Steve said that they probably squeezed him really hard to get the poo sample. Then, Dr. McCutie came in. He picked Jackson up and said he loved big cats. I should have asked him if he liked his women like his cats (big), but I just couldn't. Maybe next year. Or the next. HEE HEE! The doctor did tell me his weight, though. 21 lbs! He's always been a big cat. He was 19 lbs. a year ago. We did live in a house with a big back yard where he could roam, so he got a lot of exercise back then. In one year, he's gained 2 pounds, which I don't think is a big deal. Dr. McCutie said that Jackson had the bone structure of a really big cat, but he'd like him to be closer to 19 lbs again. He said he wasn't concerned, but maybe we could cut back on his food by 1/4 cup each day, and maybe he would drop those 2 lbs. So, the whole dang household is dieting now. He was such a good little trooper and I've just written a really long post about my cat, which makes me a little like a creepy cat lady, but I'm not. I'm just a proud parent right now. He's such a good little guy, and so low maintenance!

Now I'm tired and I can't type anymore. I will post more soon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

The "Coach" family went to Kansas City last month and I had to board Cleo and Duke. Duke is 11 and has never been boarded, Cleo is too stupid to notice. I worried about them the entire trip. Next time, I'll just board the kids so there will be room in the hotel for the dogs! (Just kidding......maybe) Blitz is great, we get a lot of free stuff donated from them every year at our Christmas party.

Good luck on the diet. I'm thinking of starting WW again. I've gained 35 lbs in the past year since my hysterectomy and it's time for it to be gone!

 
At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so how did u get the poo's?? I'd love to poo out the lbs that I just gained in FL. :) Also - you totally need to post a pic of Dr. McCutie. I wanna see this hottie. And I'll ask him if he likes his women like he likes his cats. You know I would do it too! Glad to be home! Love ya! Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home