Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Random Shenanigans

This is coming to you right in the middle of my "Best Week Ever" that I have been looking forward to for months. Actually, it's just been weeks that I've been talking about this particular period of my life, but it seems like I've been excited about it forever. Tomorrow night is George Strait. Ya know, the concert, then the post-concert whatever. Georgie-poo might ask me to follow him to his tour bus so he can autograph my "no-no spot" and stuff. I'm not sure I'll have time, but I think I might. We (the husband and I) are actually going with his coworker and his friend. They are both males, and I suspect this coworker of my husband's is a cheap-ass. This is just a "hunch" I have. I think this because when the husband and I mentioned stopping somewhere during the 2-hour drive to get a bite to eat, he mentioned a picnic. He (cheap coworker) is bringing a 20-piece bucket of chicken (for four people) to eat on the tailgate before the concert. Keep in mind, this concert is in a downtown area of a major East Coast city. It's not like at an outdoor ampitheater with nice weather. So, we will be sitting on the tailgate of my Jeep in freezing-ass weather, eating cold fried chicken...and lots of it. Have I ever mentioned that I don't like fried chicken? Well, I don't. I like chicken livers and chicken strips, but I just don't like fried chicken. I haven't liked fried chicken for as long as I can remember. And, the reason for the fried chicken picnic? This coworker's friend's girlfriend works at a chicken joint on the boulevard and is going to give it to him for free. Duh! You would think that I would appreciate some free chicken, but I don't. Not at all. Not chicken for cheap, not chicken in my Jeep. Not by the Colonel, not in a urinal. No finger lickin, no fried chicken! So, I'll probably be a bitch and pack some pita chips and hummus for myself. Or, I could get revenge and pack myself a can of pork n' beans and a can opener. And eat all of them by myself. HA HA HA! I'm really excited about the concert, though! I can't wait! I took Friday off to recover from my evening with George. I don't want to feel rushed when I leave him Friday morning, IF it takes him the entire night to autograph my "no-no spot." So, I will recover on Friday and prepare myself for Saturday, when I will see more Wrangler jeans than my eyes can handle. That will be in Baltimore at the PBR. Yeah, Carrie's BEST FREAKIN' WEEK EVER!!!

So, today, I had one of my favorite students come in to see me. I haven't seen him in a few months, but he is moving to Seattle in May, and he wanted to plan some future classes with me. Well, when he was leaving, he sort of had his hand and arm up like he was going to hug me, but I wasn't really sure. His hand wasn't turned like he was wanting me to give him high-five, but it wasn't quite low enough to prove he just wanted to shake my hand. So, I did what I thought he was wanting me to do, which was hug him. I still think that's what he wanted me to do, but the verdict is still out. It was a little awkward. I hope he wasn't thinking to himself "ummm...back off crazy lady, I just wanted to shake your hand." I did invite him to my super cool birthday party next month, and he said he would definitely come to it. It's the least I could do after I may or may not have invaded his personal space by accident. I don't know when or where said party will be, but I'm excited and I invite people to it every day, regardless of the date or location. It's TBD, and that seems good enough for most people.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK "IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING", BUT I'M SAYING IT ANYWAY....LOOK OVER EVERY INCH OF GEORGE, EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY, EVERY NOSE HAIR, IF IT'S SHOWING...LOOK AT IT. IF IT ISN'T, USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

NASTY AUNTIE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home