Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Random Silliness (without the use of children)

So, most people that have blogs have a certain subject they often use as their subject matter, and often that's children or something. I don't have kids yet, but I have the funniest darn things happen to me on a regular basis! Even if these things involve me and humiliation, I always share my stories with others, so I'm now typing it instead of telling the story over and over. I am a firm advocate of laughing hysterically as often as possible, and I hope my random stories help you laugh, too!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Topless , Tapas, and Socks, OH MY!

It's Mardi Gras, so show me your tits!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day in Virginia Beach! It was in the low 80s and just gorgeous outside. It was the worst possible day to be trapped inside working. I pulled out one of my favorite summer outfits and some adorable strappy heels. My coworker and I went to Keagans for lunch, then I decided to go fill up with gas since my gas light had been on for a couple of days. I park a few blocks away from my building because I work downtown and I hate the parking garages, and there's an actual outdoor parking lot just a few blocks away. Well, as I start walking, the strap on my sandal breaks. I don't make a big deal out of it, but I must concentrate on walking, or I will walk right out of my shoe and look like a complete ass right there in front of everyone. There are restaurants everywhere and people are eating outside because the weather is perfect. When you're walking in between tall buildings, the wind gets really gusty. So, I cross the street and I'm walking in front of California Pizza Kitchen when the wind takes my shirt and places the part that should be covering my stomach and sticks it right to my face. Yes, I had a bare midriff in public for the first time in my life. I also exposed part of my chest to those in the downtown area. Embarrassing? Uhhh...yes. Hilarious? Hell yeah! So, instead of stopping and fixing it, I just kept walking and fixed it as I was walking and giggling. I cracked up at the entire situation. Then, as soon as I got it fixed, a receipt (or two) flew out of my purse. I was a hot mess walking down the street. People that know me know that I can't keep things like this to myself. I must share it with anyone and everyone. I knew I could get Heather on the phone, and I did! It tickled me to get to share my incident with someone that shares my sense of humor. I tried my mom, but she didn't answer any of her numbers, and my Auntie Linda was nowhere to be found, either. I got my husband, but he's not impressed by these stories anymore because shit like this ALWAYS happens to me! I finally got my mom and got to tell her. When I returned to work, I told almost everyone that I work with and even a few of my favorite students. One of the funniest parts is that I've been passing out beads to students this week as they enter their classrooms for Midterms, and I have a necklace with beads the size of baseballs that I wear. People have asked me if I bought them or earned them, and up until today, I couldn't honestly say that I had earned them. But, today, I could be proud to say that I showed my tits!

Tapas

Tonight, the husband and I went out for dinner and had tapas for the first time. It's like a meal of appetizers, which happens to be food and food is a favorite thing of mine, so it's perfect. Tapas = Food, Food = Carrie Happy, so life is good. We get to this place and it's like a dungeon. There is a big bed with pillows where you can sit and eat, about a half a dozen tables and one little cave with a table in it. Weird, huh? It was dark and there were pillar candles burning at every table (not on the bed) and wax was dripping on the tables and some on the floor. So, we sit down and get water and menus. We each order three things. One salad each (me Caesar and him spinach), and I ordered crab cakes and scallops and he ordered some crab and steak something and spinach/crab dip. They bring tapas to your table as they're prepared, so the first thing we get is the crab dip and my "salad." Let me tell you what this salad looked like...It was a 2-inch slice of baguette bread that had been hollowed out. Stuck inside of this crispy bread (which I later found out was the crouton) was four stalks of romaine lettuce, which are standing erect on my triangle plate. Yep - whole stalks of lettuce. Surrounding the large tree and stump of salad was a pond of dressing and some parmesan cheese. So, I had to destroy their beautiful little salad landscape to cut and eat my food. It was really pretty, though, and it even tasted better than it looked! It was awesome, even though I had to pretty much prepare it myself. The crab dip was amazing. The crab cakes were like nothing we had ever eaten before, too. The husband isn't a big crab cake fan and even he loved them. The scallops were topped with mandarin oranges and surrounded by a sea of raspberry smoothie-like gravy. Yum! The beef/crab thing was awesome, too. We ended the evening with chocolate covered strawberries, which were nothing to write home about, but it was an interesting and tasty dinner, even if it was in a scary, fire hazard of a dungeon.

Couples Massage

Last night, the husband and I went for our first ever couples massage. As we're driving there, I remember that my husband is a lot like my father when it comes to grooming his feet. I will get upset with him when I see his toenails at times, so I will cut them for him. I ask him in the car if his toenails were nasty. He said that they are pretty long as I gasp and roll my eyes at him. I tell him how disgusting that is and I would have taken care of them had I known they were (yet again) on the verge of getting him in the Guiness Book of World Records in the category of "World's Yuckiest and/or longest and/or Nastiness Toenails". Then, he reminds me that he has Athlete's Foot and is going to tell the massage lady to stay away from his feet because of his fungus. I am appalled by his lack of tact in this delicate situation. I tell him not to even whisper the word "fungus" to a woman that's going to be rubbing *almost* every inch of his body. I told him that I would be discrete and let them know that he was funny about his feet, so not to touch them. That's reasonable, right? Well, he just said, "Whatever, but I can just tell her about the fungus." I realize that guys just don't give a damn about stuff like that. He would have told the lady anything and wouldn't have been embarrassed at all. I'm SO not like that! So, we get in there and we're both with girls, which is not something I'm thrilled about, but I knew this when the appointment was made. No biggie. I can deal with it...I think. The husband talks to his lady and I talk to mine as we walk towards our double room. At this moment, I still think this is a good idea to get a massage side-by-side. Somewhere in the conversation, my husband tells his lady that he doesn't want his feet touched. When they leave us alone to undress, we're both under the sheets, and I ask him a normal question ("Did you leave your underwear on?") He said that he did, and he left his socks on, too. I get tickled because I didn't realize that he had told the lady not to touch his feet. I say to him, "Well, she oughta get the hint that you don't want your feet touched, huh? Good thinkin'!" Then, I thought that she might think he's some sort of freak or something because who leaves their socks on for a massage, anyways? When I tell him that leaving his socks on is funny, he informs me that he also told her about not touching his feet. So, he had it all worked out and he got his massage while wearing his underwear AND socks. Even though this was our first couples massage, it will probably be our last. I couldn't relax much with him right beside me and his girl telling him to roll over, etc. I got tickled a couple of times when I peeked over at him, because I knew that under that sheet was my husband's body with his underwear and socks. HEE HEE!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM SO VERY SORRY I WASN'T BY THE PHONE YESTERDAY! HOWEVER, MORE THAN THAT....I'M SORRY I'VE NEVER ASKED "THE HUSBAND" TO SHUCK THE SHOES. NEXT CHRISTMAS, HIS TOES WILL BE VIEWED BY THE FAMILY.

AUNTIE

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS... I LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU! :D
GREAT STUFF LADY ~ KEEP IT COMING!
AND SORRY I MISSED YOU AT THE MIRANDA LAMBERT CONCERT ~ CAN'T BELIEVE WE WERE BOTH THERE!!

WONDERFUL CO-WORKER OF AUNTIE

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO YOUR MOMMA'S CHILD! THE TOENAIL AND FUNGUS THING ABOUT MADE ME PEE MY PANTS. I SO TRY TO KEEP YOUR DADDY'S FEET COVERED!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home